May your pipe dreams come true...

May your pipe dreams come true...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tobacco Review: Esoterica Tobacciana's "And so to bed"


This is the blenders description:
Finest grade Virginia and Maryland type tobaccos are carefully aged and balanced with Greek Oriental leaf and top grade Cyprian Latakia, specially processed and matured.

What a hot summer!
This is the first new blend I have tried in a while so I was a bit excited to open the tin . The first thing I noticed was the oily stains on the paper cover on the inside... then the woosh of the can's whisky odor. I don't like aromatics but an occasional natural cased tobacco is fine. The hint of latakia is there but it's behind the whisky....thats all I smell. It hads a choppy ribbon cut which I love for the pure feel between the fingers and the burning quality. The ribbons are not very long so it's also a bit easier to fill a bowl. I can tell right now that this blend needs a bit of airing and aging for full effect. Time to put it to the flame and see. Yes its a bit too moist so it took a few light to get it going. I taste..... a musky whisky flavor. Not too heavy like a super english blast. This one is not going to be a night cap for me, but it might be for an aromatic smoker. It's a med weight blend that has a sweet kick in it.

Its near the end of the summer ...only one bowl of 1792 that I am saving for a special occasion. It is not available in the USA right now and I am looking for a sub. The summer was hot as hell filled with stress like no other. Very doom and gloom even though there were some great things going on. The pipe was a quiet friend to vent my problems away. I talk to myself when I smoke alone. Am I talking to my pipe?
Well a few of my pipes belong to my great grandfather and he loves to hear my 2010 anguish.
Fifteen mins in and the orientals are popping out along with the virginians. The whiskey has stepped aside and let the old timers voice there opinion. Maybe its my great grand father's voice. Thank you Donato! Now its a smoke ! I give it a 7 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment